Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Update

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We're hanging in there ... pretty hard not to as life marches on and we wouldn't want to get left behind ...

It's been 18 days that Nic's in France ... living her "aventure" ... and already the French words are peppering her emails ... and she's being swept off her feet by young French lads who kiss-kiss both cheeks and try and catch some lip in between ...

She no longer has to talk to us everyday ... she has started a "life" (however temporary) there ... with its requisite routines and familiar patterns that comfort.

Melanie continues to tackle the details of her wedding ... feeling somewhat "frusterated" because what she dreams up in her mind doesn't translate easily into the real world. Not without money trees ...

Jonathan ... may be coming home! We've been searching for a rooming situation for J for a couple of weeks ... he can't seem to choose between Toronto or Mississauga ... between the city and the suburbs. So we've offered that he come home, and be as independent as possible ... buy his own food, cook his own meals, use the back door if he wants ... answer to no one. We'll have a few rules in place that any "boarding house" might have ...

I'm torn ... between wanting my son home ... hoping it will help ... and being somewhat hesitant and fearful that this environment may not be healthy. But then again, we've all changed since June ...

Kyla's going home this weekend to help her mother move into a new townhouse ... she's downsizing (long story). And I haven't heard from Will in a while ...

Stefani was late for school this morning ... my fault ... I just couldn't get up and kept thinking that the alarm clock was part of a television game show. Fifteen minutes late ... not bad for sleeping in an extra hour!

Dave's gone golfing ... last D shift golf tournament of the season ...

And I ... well I've got to finished that blasted painting of the livingroom ... yup I still haven't finished (life got in the way remember?). After the walls looked so nice ... I decided to paint the wall unit as well.

The BFH (Boss from Hell) is coming into town on Friday ... to assess my progress on the presentation that will save his job ... so I'll have to apply myself somewhat today and tomorrow.

... and so it goes ...


0 comments to Update: