Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Still

Tuesday, September 2, 2008
It’s the first day of school … new beginnings… and with it comes Routine hand-in-hand with the new school bags and brand new day-timers.

Routine doesn’t come easily to me and I find it hard to maintain. Gulp. I must admit that I’m that mom who starts September with resolutions of making gourmet lunches, waking up a half hour early and cooking warm breakfasts … but … within a few weeks, I’m back to cold cereal and quick kisses as we rush out the door.

I managed the warm breakfast this morning (thank goodness for microwaves!) … but I have no illusions… this too shall pass.



The walk to and from school was nice … the air was crisp like it too had turned to a fresh new page in the notebook … students with still-stiff backpacks, sporting new clothes and new haircuts with their sneakers tied with still-white laces displayed looks of excitement, dread and fear as the minutes counted down to 8:55 am.

Home again … I’m amazed at how quiet the house is … only me and Peanut Butter amidst all this stillness.

0 comments to Still: