Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Slights and such ...

Monday, September 22, 2008
Though some may say I have the hide of a rhinoseros ... (or is that the hide of an elephant?) ... I do still get upset by the slights and insults that are sometimes so cavalierly flung from people's lips without thought nor care given ...

On some days (like today) ... the insensitivity and the "get over it" attitudes just make me want to scream ...

Me first ... the entire world seems to scream ... and I just want to scream back "fine ... but don't trample me on your way through" ...

I'm pretty flexible and rubbery ... much like Pokey or Gumby ... and can bounce back as quickly as I was flattened ...

But I can't help but wish for a less "me centred" world ... where life and importance and decisions were not always weighed by what it can do for me ...

0 comments to Slights and such ...: