Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

dreams ...

Sunday, September 28, 2008
and my adorable one ... who wants to be an actress and a star and a singer ... and entertain the world ...
my adorable one ... who writes songs in her mind when she's falling asleep and sings them to herself and all who will listen ...
my adorable one ... who doesn't quite fit in ... who won't fight ... gets bullied and bitten and simply turns the other cheek and extends another olive branch from her never-ending supply ...

that adorable one ... who sang at a shopping mall in front of thousands of pairs of eyes ... accapella mind you, because her music couldn't be read by the computer there ... with more bravery and courage and guts and passion than those who could maybe sing better or clearer but not purer ...

that adorable one ... who still believes in dreams and wishing on stars and never quitting and knowing that anything is possible if you want it enough, if you work hard enough, if you try hard enough ...

that adorable one ... walked into an open call audition yesterday with 1,000 (yes 1,000) others ... and admired the beautiful ones, the talented ones, the perfect and the not so perfect ones ...

and calmed her shivers and shakes ... and took a deep breath ... and presented herself ... not someone else ... "just me" - she said ...

and today the call came ...

and now there is three ... and my adorable one is one of those ...


And she may not be the one chosen ... but she was chosen anyway. The development contract is waiting for us ... no fee!! I'm taken aback ... having believed that perhaps I saw her through biased eyes and that others could not see what I saw ...

Someone did ... and she's so happy ... and therefore so am I.

0 comments to dreams ...: