Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

"Me" List ...

Friday, September 5, 2008
Seen this kind of list everywhere on the Blog-o-Sphere … so apologies to all of you who have these lists and whom I’ve lurked … but you know what they say … imitation is the sincerest form of flattery …

And this just goes so well with my current mind-set … the one that’s all up on finding the difference between the sheep in me (that simply follows the herd) and the wolf under the sheep’s clothing (hey … wolves are nice animals … don’t believe all the stereotypical cliches you’ve read) .

100+ things about me:

1.I have many regrests but none that would cause me to start all over
2.I am headstrong
3.I love to cuddle
4.I love belly laughs … mine and others
5.I love Italian and French red wines
6.I’m lactose intolerant but remembering this important tidbit seems to be beyond my current abilities …
7.I have a boxer named Peanut Butter
8.I love a frozen marguerita on a hot, lazy day
9.My nickname is still Gigi (tag I’ve had since I was 4 years old)
10.I’m a whizz at Scrabble
11.I love to be barefoot (some would say I loved the pregnant part too … ha)
12.I love lavender and lilacs
13.I do my crossword puzzles in ink
14.My favorite perfume is Neiges by Lise Watier … it smells like “me”
15.I listen to favorite songs until I just can’t listen one more time or I’ll explode or something
16.I prefer French over English
17.I get upset if someone makes a lot of noise when they’re eating … smacking their lips
18.I talk with my hands
19.I don’t like making eye contact until I’m ready
20.I’ve been called a bitch before … many, many, many times
21.I am aloof and reserved but not a wallflower
22.I sing in the car at the top of my lungs
23.I love to golf
24.I don’t sing in the shower
25.I hate whistling
26.I take loooong bubble baths
27.Don’t like birds much … I’ve been bitten by a bird, shit on by a few others, and “attacked” by a few pets
28.I sat on my son’s gerbil once (gerbil was hidden under the pillows of the couch) and “squish” !
29.I love inukshuks
30.I have met the President of China
31.I’m a good cook
32.I have a tendancy to take on other people’s problems
33.I own one credit card and it’s really just for emergencies
34.I’m training to run my first 5K in October
35.My favorite season is fall
36.I love the colour brown … the colour of sand and chocolate and tree bark and puppies
37.I love chocolate sundaes … vanilla ice cream just drowning in chocolate
38.I want to get NLS certified (lifeguard)
39.I drive a silver Sunfire
40.I love to shoot pool
41. My day doesn’t really begin until I’ve had my first cup of coffee
42. I love Starbucks Caramel Macchiatos
43. I don’t really believe in astrology but I glance at my horoscope most everyday
44. My Chinese Zodiac sign is a Metal Rat
45. I cry during movies, commercials … heck I even cried once watching golf!
46.I have a pocket sized dream catcher in my purse
47. I still wish on stars
48.I wish I knew more
49.I collect sea glass (river glass, lake glass) in jars
50.I think dragonflies are beautiful
51. If I’m going to do something, I’m going to do it well or not at all
52. I love the wind
53. I recharge in stillness
54. I read in the bathtub
55. I love aged faces and the stories they tell
56.I have been known to walk the dog in my pjs
57. I love Watermelon-Kiwi gum
58. I hate intolerance
59. I hate ignorance
60. I’m 5’7’ but wish I was taller
61. I’m of Finnish heritage
62.I love to wear sweaters
63. I paint my toenails pink
64.I have rarely ever managed to shave my legs without nicking myself
65. Some days I’m just a klutz
66.When I’m confused I feel dizzy
67.I dislike office politics and business games but I’m pretty good at the latter
68.I always do more than I need to
69.I don’t like going to sleep because that means one more day is over
70.I don’t nap well
71. I dislike idle chatter and I’m terrible at small talk
72. I enjoy debates
73. I’m known as “that” mom … the one who is too liberal, too permissive, too open, doesn’t follow “the rules”
74. I’m thinking about a tattoo
75. I love silver bangles
76. I love the Cayman Islands … and the people there
77. I love old buildings
78. I love candlelight
79.I love the smell of freshly laundered clothes
80. I like the feel of the word “bigoudi” on my tongue
81. I dislike anything bland
82. My favorite child is the one I am hugging at the moment
83. I love my husband … faults and all
84. I love feeling sun-kissed and having sand between my toes
85. I like snowfall at twilight
86.I like vines and ivy
87.I love the smell of the forest
88.I love the touch of silk, lace, linen and cotton
89.I sometimes don’t wear underwear
90.I am competitive
91. I swear like a sailor
92.I’m a pirate at heart
93.I like brussel sprouts
94.I recycle
95. omg … I love Bon Jovi
96.I love thrift stores and yard sales and “other people’s garbage”
97. I respect other people’s (and my children’s) privacy
98. I value intelligence
99.I hate math
100.I dislike feeling cold
101.I have killer hot flashes
102.I fall prey to procrastination
103.Politics bores me
104.I actually like brussel sprouts
105.I love violin
106.I don't remember my dreams much but when I do they've always been in colour
107.I'm proud of every grey hair on my head
108.I prefer bitter to sweet
109.I like shiny things
110.A star-filled sky takes my breath away
111.I love mechanical pencils
112.I can't walk in high heels
113.I feel like I've recently shed a skin or two
114.I'm afraid of spiders
115.Sometimes I bite off more than I can chew
116.There's a girly-girl inside me
117.I own a pair of Birkenstocks
118.I make my own candles
119.I bake my own bread
120.I'm a Fire sign but I love the Water ... what gives?

... and I'm sure there's so much more ...

0 comments to "Me" List ...: