Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Period.

Thursday, September 11, 2008
I don’t like periods … have always had a soft spot for ellipses … those three dots that allow a thought to ramble on and on and on and on and on . Something about the finality of a period just doesn’t sit right with me … it doesn’t fit with how my mind works … my never ending stream of conciousness babble. Don’t get me wrong … I use my fair share of them … but more out of rote than anything else.

Periods are meant to finish a thought … to separate one sentence from another … so periods are endings … and I don’t like endings …

My mother-in-law passed away last night … a period placed at the end of an eighty plus year life full of children and love and hardships tragedies and joys.

Wish I could believe in ellipses beyond what I place on sheets of paper …

0 comments to Period.: