Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Eulogist?

Friday, September 12, 2008
Life is eternal, and love is immortal,and death is only a horizon;
and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.
~Rossiter Worthington Raymond

So I’m writing the eulogy … does that make me a eulogist? The honour was bestowed upon me when their father passed away … And then yesterday … all eyes turned to mine when the question was asked – “who in the family will say a few words” …

I’m honoured … but it’s a weighty task … it’s hard to sum things up in a few lines

1 comments to Eulogist?:

candoor said...

mortality is a bitch.

probably not the first words you'd expect from me in this, your family blog (or so it seems), but that's what came to mind as i read to this point and so...

today i feel that if this body lasts eighty years i'd be a happy camper, but if this body does last eighty years i probably will be thinking that if this body lasts a hundred years, i'd be a happy camper... life is too much fun to want to leave, but then, when you've gotta go...

don't bury me in sadness when i die...

if you recall, i wrote that sometime before puberty... still goes :)