Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Reconnections and Recollections

Monday, September 15, 2008

If there is a silver lining in the funeral cloud ... it has to be the reconnections ... spending time with those we hardly ever see ... as Stefani and Matt above. Funny that connections take precedence over the pain, grief and sorrow ... but then again, life is for the living, isn't it?

Some of the family from Sudbury came down ... it was touching to witness Uncle Vic who is still struggling with the death (just 20 days ago) of his beloved sweetheart Edith (sister to Helen) ... paying his respects to Helen who has surely joined Edith for a mean game of crib. That entire family is together now in the wherever ... whether wherever is simply within our hearts ...

Sweet Maija kissed a rose and said Gramma would love it ... and then kept asking why Gramma wasn't around to play with ...

Stefani stood so tall and proud during the service and along with Melanie on her guitar sang "Miss You": "I miss you ... I miss your smile ... and I'll still shed a tear every once in awhile ... And even though it's different now ... you're still here somehow... my heart won't let you go ...and I need you to know ... I miss you" (thank you Miley Cyrus / Hannah Montana) ...

... and I? I found the right words, the right tone ... and dared each and every one to live their lives as Helen did ... in love ...

Must have done okay ... the funeral director asked if I wanted a job as a "non denominational" eulogist / celebrant ... seems like heresy to me ...

Tears flowed, stories were shared, smiles punctuated the frowns ... the heavens opened up and rained and rained and rained ...

Fitting really ...

0 comments to Reconnections and Recollections: