Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Simply Saturday

Saturday, November 29, 2008
... but suffering from a slight case of Princess and the Pea syndrome ... you know that feeling, that slight unease of matters left untended or intuition lights flashing indistinctly in the background ...

... so as I sip on my morning coffee within the midst of my home office chaos (chaos may actually be an understatement this time around ... hurricane aftermath seems somehow more appropriate) ... I realize that some of the discomfort is stemming from the whirlwind schedule I find myself on ... and the sheer number of deadlines, timelines, projects, tasks, promises, schedules I'm juggling at the moment. The only saving grace is that by mid-January the pressure will be lifted ... but until then ...

... holidays, wedding, Stefani's Hollywood extravaganza all seem manageable (sssh ... don't burst my bubble) ... if only just barely ...

... the biggest knot in my stomach right now is work ... another unsavory situation with my Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde boss. Confrontations by email or by telephone are slippery, dangerous things ... I'd much prefer face-to-face ... but that doesn't appear to be something that is about to happen soon. So I bite my tongue and bide my time ... which doesn't sit well ... and I worry and fret and repress and suppress and make notes and vent with no satisfaction ...

... did I forget to tell you that patience is not my strong suit? Actually ... I manage superficial patience rather well ... you know, that first week or two of patience, playing the game - that I've mastered quite well ... it's being patient beyond that point that I have problems with ...

... and then there are these voices inside my head that say - there's no point in being patient beyond that initial period ... and that's what the disquiet and the rumblings and "peas" are all about. Heck, yesterday I even goaded myself with the following question - "what would a man do in this situation?" ... I know - I'm laughing about it too!!

0 comments to Simply Saturday: