Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Cocooned

Monday, November 10, 2008
Everytime I "allow" myself the pleasure of crawling back under the covers and lazily sleeping in ... I promise myself that I will do it again soon. Soon never comes around that often ... but it did this morning.

Maybe it was the harsh wind blowing leaves and snowflakes across the front lawn ... maybe the final remnants of the flu that flattened earlier this week ... but as soon as Stefani was safely off to school ... I ran as fast as my bare feet could take me across the wooden floors and jumped back into the still warm cocoon of my bed. I fluffed up my pillow just right ... tucked the bed sheets and blankets and duvet around me like a cocoon and let myself fall back into a deliciously sinful two hour "nap".

No phone calls, no laundry, no "to do's" and "will do's" ...

Just a nice break from Monday morning and it's chilly reminder that winter is threatening.

0 comments to Cocooned: