Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Already Sunday

Sunday, November 30, 2008
Another busy day ... and already the weekend is almost a thing of the past. Where does the time go (rhetorical, of course)?

Nicole's back into the flow of this household ... actually goes back to work on Tuesday (Starbucks) ... now that's a long-winded tale that involves Melanie and the fact that three baristas quit on the same day at her store and it's pre-Christmas season and they can't afford to hire three new baristas to get trained in time to deal with the season's needs and chaos ... so Nic was actually hired back by another store while she was still in France so that she could be loaned out to Melanie's store until January. Today, she's off to visit Ali (her boyfriend) at McMaster (Hamilton) where he's taking first year pre-med. (I just learnt that their friend, Kaz is going to Berkeley and will be visiting over Christmas ... always knew that boy was smart ... but Berkeley tells me that I may have actually underestimated his smarts) ...

Kyla has her company Christmas party tonight (murder mystery supper theatre) ... I'm sure we'll have a wardrobe crisis sometime around 4 PM ... lol.

Put the outside Christmas lights up yesterday on the front porch ... that's a new set-up as we let Kyla decide this year. So instead of the usual white lights along the eave's trough ... we're doing greenery and coloured lights across the front porch. Gotta get the extension cord ... and then we'll be able to comment ... ooh and aah appropriately.

I've got pork ribs defrosting for supper ... and my goal is to finish Maija's dress for the wedding today... it's a miniature version of Stef's. With that out of the way ... I'll be ready to start the adjustments on the 4 other bride's maid dresses and/or start Mel's. Time keeps on ticking, ticking, ticking ... into the future ...

And at some point today ... gotta get my mental time-table ready for the upcoming week. I've been doing that for years now ... Sunday overview ... to-do lists and juggling this and that to try and get the week shaped up into some semblance of uber-productivity. I still have to get Stefani's passport application taken care of ... and I've got to deal with issues at work ... there's a couple of contracts posted on CharityVillage that I should apply for (extra money is always a good thing) ... and at some point I need to start Christmas shopping (lists aren't going to get the presents into the house or created) ... and then I've got to decide what I'm making for supper Friday night when the "girls" (Suzanne and Carol) come over. Sounds like craziness now ... my idea to have the girls over for an evening of chatting, good food and good wine ... but I do know it'll be good to have a break from all these "must do's" ...

Well ... gotta get started with this day ... besides the above ... I do have laundry, grocery shopping and a quick stop over at Debbie's to pick up a few things she put aside for Mel and Maija ...

No rest for the wicked as they say ...

0 comments to Already Sunday: