Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Catch up

Friday, January 22, 2010
It's been a great week. Didn't get to the AGO or the ROM as we'd dreamed ... but it was a great week nevertheless. Lots of cuddles, Wii, dinners in bed ... even a "mental health" day off from school. Our plans were derailed by acting, naturally. It's a fact of life around here.

A handful of auditions ... and she booked her first commercial. Auditioned on Monday, heard back on Tuesday and shot on Wednesday. Great script (in the sense that I've seen it done before, and it makes for a great commercial) ... friendly extras and crew. Stefani had a ball!

The audition day didn't go as smoothly. I'd picked her up a little too late from school and was pressed for time heading downtown. Now Toronto has deadzone parking hours - between 3 PM and 5 PM. People are still at work so most of the parking is taken ... and the parking spots that are available can only be paid for until 5 PM (full price mind you ... yup ... the same price those working stiffs paid at 8:30 AM as they headed in to work). Well ... we couldn't find a spot anywhere ... and brilliant me, decided to dare to park on the street ... not any street ... King Street. Another important tidbit of information: all major streets allow no street parking between 4 PM and 6 PM (rush hour).

I decided to take the gamble that we'd be in and out of there in 15 minutes ... and the building was within sight of the parking spot I chose. In and out was about 25 minutes and upon exiting the building ... what did I see? A tow truck in front of my car!!! Stef and I booted it across the street and threw ourselves at the mercy of the smirking parking cop and the tow truck attendant. It took them a while but they crumbled (probably due to the fact that poor Stef was freaking and crying). When we'd arrived the car was already hoisted ... and probably had already been called in to the impound lot ... but ... Stef saved the day!

And I learned a lesson ... I won't be doing that anymore!

Melanie was released ... and seems to have stabilized somewhat. I went over to her house yesterday to give it a clean (they still had Christmas decorations and their tree up). I truly believe that a state of mind can be affected by the state of order or disorder surrounding you and vice versa.

Dave comes home tonight ... I'm picking him up at the airport at 2 AM. Stef's got an audition Saturday afternoon ... and getting new head shots on Sunday ... so the weekend is already looking pretty booked.

So today's catch up day for me ....

0 comments to Catch up: