Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

It looks like a duck, walks like a duck ...

Monday, March 16, 2009
... so it must be a duck right?

So okay ... I'm going to let myself believe that spring has sprung based on the last three days of incredible weather. Once again, another day has dawned bright and sunny and warm. I am always amazed at how spring-time sun always seems like a new discovery after a harsh, cold, dim Canadian winter. Like the buds on the trees ... or the crocuses and other early spring shoots that I know are just under the surface of the gardens around me, just waiting to poke their heads out ... I can feel spring awakening within. And it's a glorious feeling ...

So it's March Break! Stefani's home and looking forward to playing with Jessica all week. So far the week looks promising with nothing major scheduled. For the sake of riding bicycles, skipping, hopscotch and drawing ginormous chalk designs on the road ... I hope her schedule remains open!

I've been up since 6:30 ... got a report done by 9 AM. Which leaves me some time this afternoon to give voice to some of my springtime urges ... as in cleaning. I LOVE spring cleaning ... it's like a ritual of renewal.

3 comments to It looks like a duck, walks like a duck ...:

candoor said...

still duck season?

candoor said...

Well after all this time i wonder if the metaphor was referring to spring or to something else, but anyway...

I hope J's birthday was wonderful and life in your pond is better than ever :)

candoor said...

at least i was on time in my blog world :)