Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

... and the birds twitter and sing ...

Thursday, March 5, 2009
... golden sunlight streams through the windows, the temperature is lazily making its way to more northern numbers (yeah!) and my mood seems to be less snow-banked as well ...

Scooters was fun last night ... there were only a handful of people so at times it felt we had the entire roller-rink to ourselves. Even Maija had a blast with her pink FisherPrice roller skates ... squealing "I can do this!" to anyone who would listen. Now that's kind of a first as her favorite sentence in the whole wide world is "I can't do it" (with the emphasis on the "can't").

--------------------------

Busy day ... lots of work and then off to a commercial audition for Stef. Good thing I left early because the office we were looking for was hidden in some decrepit industrial / auto wrecking section of Richmond Street West. Speaking of Richmond Street ... it has a split personality .. it is a one way street that decides after a while ... to become a one-way the other way! Anyways, I found a place to park (nothing short of miraculous at 4:30 in Toronto) ... and Stef and I walked the 5 or 6 zigzaggy blocks and eventually made it there.

The audition was for a product yet unknown ... and the auditions were booked by 10 minute intervals in groups of father-actor, mother-actor and child-actor. Stefani and I looked around the room and picked out who logically should have been preselected as her "parents" ... and sure enough, we were right!! Whatever happens ... she had a blast. She commented to me on the way home ... "you know Mom, it even felt like he was my Dad when we were doing the scene!" ...

... and while on "family" topics ... guess who decided out of the blue to try and reconnect with the kids after 12 years?? Aunt Linda ... I fear she's not getting the warm and fuzzy reception that she may have hoped to receive.

0 comments to ... and the birds twitter and sing ...: