Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Fall pirouettes

Tuesday, October 28, 2008
The last leaves are just about to fall from the trees ... and a few flakes of snow actually fell this morning ... but the sun is valiantly trying to warm our frozen fingers and wind whipped faces. Winter is not far behind ...

Though I don't relish the thought of boots and scarves and hats and mittens and gloves and bulky coats ... I love this sweater and scarf weather ... nothing feels better or healthier to me than cold red cheeks. Had a moment of non-summer bliss today as I shuffled my suede booted feet through crunchy leaves ... my brown scarf coiled around my neck ... sipping a delicious Starbucks caramel macchiato as I made my way to a meeting downtown.

I do love summer and the kiss of the sun ... but if I were totally honest ... fall is my all-time favorite season. The air seems crisper, everything looks sharper more in focus ... breathing in is a delight as the air is cold and tickles the nostrils ... and every now and again you can see your breathe puff beyond your mouth. I relish the whip of the wind ... and the sound of scurrying, grating and rattling of leaves along the sidewalks and walkways. My nostrils flare at the faint scent of a fireplace burning somewhere ...

My eyes never tire of dried berries and grapewreaths ... cornstalks, gourds, pumpkins ... and views of pieces of the city that are hidden by leaves and branches all summer long. The waves crash on the breakers beyond the shore of Lake Ontario ... and the beaches and promenades are empty except for the likes of me and the occassional dog walkers ...

It's pirouette weather ... and I love it!

0 comments to Fall pirouettes: