Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Transparencies ...

Monday, February 23, 2009
OMG ... three posts on the same day!! Has the earth shifted on its axis? Has Jupiter aligned with Mars? ... guess I'm holding true to my life-long pattern of feast or famine.

All kidding aside ... a stray thought just tickled at the edges of my grey matter and I thought I'd give it a look-see ....

I've got a full life ... lots of people and happenings and drama and sadness and joy ... and yet, I often find myself with nothing to say (or so I tell myself). I wander the blog-web world and read about the ups and downs of others whose lives are not as populated as mine ... and find that they never seem to find themselves with a lack of things to say ... or comments to make. So what is it with me?

A natural reticence? Shyness that transcends physical space and follows me here? ... something sillier or more dark and mysterious?

Do I really believe that "an unexamined life is not worth living" (Socrates ... for those who want to know) ... or do I just mouth the words because they make me seem smart and deep?

Am I hiding something from myself? Auto-censoring so that I remain calm and collected ... never appearing overly happy, sad, upset, mad, frustrated, excited ... keeping myself in check, a controlled calm regardless of what may be boiling beneath?

And if so ... what purpose does it serve ... or perhaps I should be asking ... what purpose have I convinced myself that it serves ... living behind this calm mask of words ... well chosen to only give as much information as I think I should give ... superficial transparencies that amount to window dressing?

0 comments to Transparencies ...: