Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Could it be ...

Thursday, February 26, 2009
... could it truly be ... the beginning of the end of winter? It's actually mild enough today ... that I have the patio door open ... just a little ... to let some of the stale air out and some fresh air in. And as I was opening the door ... I was greeted by the happy twittering of birds in the neighbour's yard. Surely that's a sign of better, warmer days to come!

Whether it's due to global warming or earth cycles ... Toronto now has a "real" winter ... snow that has to be shovelled. When I first arrived in this city, I was dismayed by its brown, slushy version of winter. Though not my favorite season ... I do like a snowy winter ... otherwise its just an extended cold fall ... or a prolonged icy spring.

Like most people I know ... I prefer the warmth ... but I would find it hard to live somewhere where there was not four distinct seasons. Wonder if I'll still be saying that what I'm 75 and my bones ache when it's cold and/or wet?

0 comments to Could it be ...: