Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Fly away home ...

Monday, February 23, 2009
... so Kyla decided "out of the blue" to return to her mom's home. No big deal ... though it's starting to feel like a game of musical homes.

And I guess I'm lying when I say "no big deal" ... because we're all slightly bent out of shape and she's been gone a week.

It's not the fact that she went back to her mother's ... I think we all knew that was inevitable ... it's the way she went about the whole thing that rankles. One day she was making plans with Stef and Nic and I ... the next day, she was announcing her departure.

And now all we're left with is a pile of discarded clothes ... a few messages on Facebook ... and the stench of lies and half-truths.

I can't help but wonder if the so-called pregnancy scare earlier in the month was simply an end to a means that back-fired. A plan that assumed that her father would "throw her out" upon finding this out ... it certainly seems a little coincidental that her departure was within days of this ....

I'm still trying to find out what really bothers me about all this ... am I mourning a loss? a perceived failure? rejection? all of the above? or something else?

Oh no ... I'm going to say it again ... time will tell ...

0 comments to Fly away home ...: