Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

so maybe it's not

Thursday, February 26, 2009
... a problem with sticktuitiveness ... it's an addiction problem (does that mean I should go out there and look for a 12-step program?) ... it's the inability to walk the "moderation" line.

... I love writing and reading ... and thinking ... and responding ... and questioning ... and questing ... and searching ... and laughing ... and asking again ... and writing ... and reading (did I already say that?) ... so much so, that I could probably do nothing else and be perfectly content for an eon or two (I figure at that point my eyes, finger tips and buttocks might need a rest).

... therefore when I allow myself the pleasure of luxuriating in written wonder ... I'm that kid who can't (or won't) stop gorging just in case it all gets taken away. I operate under the premise of just "five more minutes" ... which quickly becomes another 30 ... 60 ... or more.

... what I need is the power of moderation ... internal discipline ... trust that this "candy" will not vanish or be taken away without warning ... and pace myself with a routine of xx amount of minutes a day.

... but I bet you can already see the problem with that "bribe" ... how much time is satisfying enough? 5 minutes ... 30 minutes ... an hour?

.... hmmm ... an hour doesn't seem half bad ... maybe I can self-commit to an hour a day ... no matter what and stop this feast or famine ... up and down ... here and there sporadic cycle of mine.

(I'll let you know if it works ... otherwise I'll undoubtedly have to resort to a 12-step program)

0 comments to so maybe it's not: