Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Storm watch

Tuesday, February 9, 2010
I really don't like watching the news ... there's just too much bad news. Or if it isn't bad news ... it's some kind of celebrity trivia or worse yet, celebrity bashing. Seems we're a culture obsessed with tragedy (other people's of course) and titillation.

So how do I stay in touch? Well, sometimes frankly, I'm not in touch at all. Other times, I get tidbits here and there from others or I read a few blogs or an online version of a newspaper that doesn't cater to the lowest common denominator.

However ... every now and again ... as today ... I am reminded that the news does impart some useful information. Like weather reports. So ... that's how I found out that there's a snow storm brewing for afternoon drive time. I'm sure everyone else has been talking about this for days while I'm still debating whether the commitments I made for this afternoon in downtown Toronto should be kept or rescheduled.

Sure ... the weather people have predicted a storm ... but they've been known to be wrong. There's no telling if this will be a fluffy few or the "real deal".

As I sit here pondering the unanswerable ... I'm practically cursing having listened to the news on the way to Stef's school. Because ... had I not listened to the news, I would be clueless as I was earlier today ... and would have to make my decision come the time to leave. Now it's going to bother me all day. Go figure

0 comments to Storm watch: