Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

More of the same ...

Thursday, February 11, 2010
No snow storm to speak of ... just a few flurries so the ground looks like there's snow on it ... but don't be fooled, it's just white crispy ice. However, it's bitter cold today ... like that's anything new. This will be the winter to remember as icy and bitter cold.

Had to run downtown last night as Stefani was asked to shoot an extra line for TheScore.com commercial. We also took the opportunity to hit up a couple of Value Villages looking for period clothes for the short she films over the next three weekends. Most wardrobe people hate buying for kids ... so it's left up to us parents to try and find what they require (we get compensated of course).

It kinda' was a trip down memory lane ... the short is set in the fifties. So okay, I was just a twinkle in my mother and father's eyes at that point ... but geez I'd forgotten how everything was so different. It was fun watching Stefani's reactions to some of my memories: how I never wore pants, let alone jeans until I was about eleven (jeans weren't a reality for me until I was 14 and it caused quite a raucous amongst the family ... I think one of my aunts actually disowned me for a decade or so), how black was considered a colour that should never be worn by children, how every girl had a "sunday best" dress) and those were just some of the "fashion" related memories.

Anyways ... we found some outfits that were perfect including cardigans to go with each dress. We'll see on Saturday if I did as well as I thought.

Finally picked up cleaning supplies and garbage bags etc ... and I'm going to tackle the fire mess downstairs in Nic's room today.

Promised Stefani I would take her to WalMart after school tonight ... she's dying to have a pair of Olympic mitts. They're having a big Olympic celebration at school tomorrow! Today, her class is going ice skating. Poor thing tried everything to stay home (she hates skating) ... but I figured she's already had enough "mental health" days this year ... and it won't hurt her to try and get better at skating.

Okay ... gotta go clean!

0 comments to More of the same ...: