Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Metal rat

Friday, February 12, 2010
According to my Chinese Zodiac yearly prediction chart (I'm a metal rat) ... I'm emotionally and mentally restless. Hmmm, there could be some truth to that!

... and no ... I don't really read and follow that shit. Just every now and then, when I'm feeling a little blue, I amuse myself by reading a horoscope or two, looking for some piece of positive garbage that I can hold on to and make myself feel better momentarily.

It's been a weird couple of days ... like everything's just a little out of sync ... like "normalcy" jumped a track. Everything seems to be rolling along as always ... but everything's off. Conversations don't flow the way they "should" or did just a few days ago ... everything and everyone seems to be vibrating, tense and wary.

I'm in a "power struggle" with Dave again. And I'm not going to let the "used car salesman" part of him, exhaust me with his endless sales pitch. Neither do I really care who's right or who's wrong. I simply want some peace and quiet. No games. No pretending that all is well and then being blind-sided by the same shit. Sometimes it feels like I'm dealing with a 3 year old. Ever tried to reason with a toddler? I should be apologizing to Maija for that comment ... reasoning with a toddler might actually be easier!

With years comes wisdom, or so they say. True, in this case ... as I have the wisdom to know that "issues" are never one-sided. This "off-ness" may be my creation ... or at the very least, half my issue. But I'll be damned if I allow the "double standard" to reappear ... and that's what has me restless and uneasy.

Now ... according to that Chinese Zodiac chart ... if I were a Tiger ... I'd be laughing!

0 comments to Metal rat: