Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Diamonds are a girls best friend

Sunday, August 31, 2008



Has anyone ever asked you who you really were? Who the “real” you is?

Once upon a time, I believed that one day I would find the one definition of the “real” me and I kept trying each different part of me (the sad one, the geek, the wild one, the rebel, the arrogant princess, the poet …) on for size. And though each felt comfortable … none of these produced the “Ta dah” moment I was expecting. The epiphany I was so eager to find was nowhere to be found.

Somewhat older and wiser … I realize that I am but a sum of all my parts … like a diamond … fashioned from a lump of pressurized coal.

It began thousands of millions of years ago, 100 miles beneath the surface of our planet. In a perfect storm of geologic fury, billions of tons of the carbon rock we know as ordinary coal were transformed by heat and pressure into the hardest, most brilliant and most coveted substance on Earth: diamonds.

And I am A diamond with facets fashioned by time … experience … others … choice … fears … hopes … dreams … failures … scars … triumphs … loves and losses

Each facet unique onto itself … a whole that shines in the sunlight, casting its rainbows for the world …

Cliché … definitely.

But the discovery, the acknowledgement of this truth can not be denied.

1 comments to Diamonds are a girls best friend:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.