Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

To live in truth

Friday, October 7, 2011
I've struggled with this concept for a long time.
I've had a hard time accepting and recognizing truth as it IS for me without being swayed by the opinions of a trusted few or by my own clever self-analysis which can turn anything into swiss cheese.
Every now and again ... for a moment ... like this one, I can see clearly that truth simply IS. No explanations necessary, it is what it is. It may defy logic, it may not fit in any boxes, grooves or holes ... it may even be discounted by others. But the fact remains that the truth of our own "me-ness", the truth of the situations we find ourselves in, the options available to us are only known to us. All we can behold is our own truth.
Your truth is not my truth ... and we have a bond, a relationship or an interaction ... your truth is your truth, my truth is my truth ... and the interaction's truth remains the interaction's truth. Neither you nor I can totally comprehend, see or grasp that interaction's truth. It is not ours to see or know.
All we have is ourselves, our truths, our light, our responsibilities.
The quest to understand beyond that is wasted time, especially if we seek an absolute. There is no absolute outside of ourselves.

It's a miracle any of us get along at all. And, the fact that we do at times, get along and laugh and cry and celebrate or mourn together for a moment, a day, 10 years IS the miracle of life and love.

The answers are all inside ... the truth lies in your heart and soul. You ... I need to look inside, not outside for the answers, for the peace, for the love.
Validation only comes from self REALLY.

So I sit here this morning ... looking at my truth. It's ugly and tattered and torn and covered in shit. It doesn't look pretty, it doesn't smell pretty ... but it's my truth. And living this moment grounded in MY reality is ultimately better than all those moments flitting 10 feet above the ground, soaring on a windswell (that eventually dies and crashes me to the ground)

No matter how terrible HERE may be ... it is "better" than up there, over there, under there, above there ...

Because only from HERE ... living in truth ... can I be grateful for the little things, only from HERE can I hear the birds sing and break into a smile because the sun feels nice on my face.

I must remember that HERE ... will always be better than there.

1 comments to To live in truth:

candoor said...

:)

and only from there can you effect any meaningful, real change...