Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Interruption

Thursday, December 11, 2008
We interrupt this regularly scheduled silence to bring you a short message to confirm still being alive and well ...

Wow ... I can't believe (sssh ... yes I can but it sounds better to say that I can't) that it's been over a week since I've dropped in here.

Let's see what you've missed ... I fell down some stairs last week because my bum left ankle just decided to stop working. Bad sprain but I'm alive and hobbling around just fine.

Preparations for Stef's trip to LA in early January have taken up a huge chunk of my time ... clothes, bathing suit, passport ...

Have managed to complete two of the bridesmaid dresses (Maija and Stefani). Mel had purchased four dresses for the "big" girls and I was supposed to make some slight alterations. Ha! Slight my ass!! I've basically recreated the dresses ... would have been easier to start from scratch. But there's no time for complaining ... if all goes well, I should have those finished tonight!

Which means I'll get to start on Melanie's ... last night I experimented and found out that I could cover the mesh overskirt with glitter and shiny stuff by using spray on glue. Now that will be an experience!

Started X-mas shopping this week ... nowhere close to where I should be at this time but simply having a few gifts purchased takes the anxiety edge off. I also managed to make two tourtieres (meat pies) and freeze those. Tonight I'll try and get two dozen butter tarts done.

I guess slow and steady eventually wins the race.

And I'm not even describing the half of it ... there's been helping Kyla with her final psych exam (not an easy task as she has a comprehension problem) ... fighting with the government on two fronts: getting my birth certificate from the Government of Quebec who in a quest for extra money declared all birth certificates issued before 1990 as invalid ... and then fighting with the Government of Ontario for Jonathan's disability cheques ... dealing with the craziness of impending full moons ... Nicole's social butterfly schedule and rushing her to work when she cuts it too close ... making arrangements for Gary and Liza and Merick and Gramma's visit ... dealing with Dave's family ... here and in Sudbury (hey ... Tim and Carrie had their baby ... Chase Alexander two days ago) ... and naturally, there's work ... 7 hours a day ... otherwise we'd all starve ...

I'm planning on taking a few hours on Saturday to write a little ... surf my favorite ethereal places and recharge the batteries ...

0 comments to Interruption: