Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Brrr ...

Saturday, December 20, 2008
... it's 25 below this morning! Brrr ...
We got the predicted snowfall ... almost six inches ... and the world is covered in white (and to tell you a secret ... it didn't feel like 25 below this morning when I went out to drive Jen home ... without wind winter is actually tolerable).

So as I was saying previously when I dropped in here for a sentence or two ... time has got me by the nose and is leading me around like the fool that I am. Not going completely crazy yet ... figure that if I stay on course, I'll make all the deadlines. What's that? Have I left room for the unexpected? Arggghhh ... nope ...

Let's see ... I have puulla to make (that's Finnish coffee bread) ... that's a full day ... 4 ties for the grooms-men ... Mel's dress left to sew (it's been cut and is sitting waiting for me to put it together) ... the sparkles and sequins to add to her overskirt ... the head piece to make. The bridesmaid dresses are 95% done ... they have to be fitted and the "poufs" need to be made (don't even ask ... it's Melanie's wedding - enough said) ... more guests have RSVP'ed so there's another 15 teacups to purchase ...
As for Christmas ... I have about 4 gifts that need to be "made" ... have most of my shopping done so I'm feeling confident ... though stocking stuffers still need to be dreamed up.
As for food ... I'm feeding 20 people this year ... I haven't a clue what I'm going to do (oh? you didn't know that we don't do turkey? well, yeah ... the kids decided long ago that a turkey was too traditional) ...
I've got Stefani almost ready for her big trip to CA ... only need to find her a pair of shoes ... and that reminds me she's got a workshop today ...

Got off the computer at 11:50 pm last night as I pressed "send" and just barely made the funding application deadline for Transport Canada. Now if that gets accepted ... I'd be one happy camper. Gonna try and get some work done over the holidays (dream on girl) to allow myself to breathe a little in the new year ...

Well that's it for this morning ... gonna finish my coffee, straighten the house ... and start sewing!

0 comments to Brrr ...: